Did you know that over 35,000,000 people visit Las Vegas each year? That's a lot of slots, but what about outside the casino. Vegas is famous for the strip, but what are the best things to do in las vegas besides the 24/7 gaming scene? In truth, Vegas has so much more to offer from nature preserves to go-kart racing.
Here is a list of the 5 coolest things you never thought to check out in Vegas:
- Las Vegas Mob Museum: They say the idea of Las Vegas was hatched by some of the nations most notorious gangsters. When you head downtown, be sure to check out the Las Vegas Mob Museum. It showcases the epic battle between the mob and local authorities in the area which includes presentations, artifacts, and interactive exhibits.
- Freemont Street: Here you can leave the modern strip behind for some old world, Bourbon Street style fun. While your drinking up all the cheap beer on Freemont, be sure to head over to the Golden Nugget and check out the shark tank.
- Lake Mead: Have some fun in the sun on the lake that the Hoover Dam built. You can take part in just about any water sport you can think of and really take int the natural beauty Nevada has to offer.
- Good Local Eats: The strip is known for all you can eat buffets, but what about local fare? Wander off the beaten path and check out places like the Bar and Bistro, Lotus of Siam, and Firefly.
- Pole Position Raceway: Did someone say go-kart race...For exhilarating fun to match any occasion, check out the Pole Position Raceway. The Raceway can accommodate parties from 1 to 300 and walk-ins (arrive and drive) are welcome. Their carts are some of the fastest in America, so you can be sure to get your kicks on the several different indoor tracks.
For more information about Las Vegas attractions, please contact Pole Position Raceway. We provide shuttle service to and from the strip for your convenience.