1359 days ago by Pole Position Raceway
There are a variety of golf courses in and around Vegas that can take care of you.
You're having a blast, taking in the entertainment and attractions offered in Las Vegas. While the atmosphere is fun and nearly otherworldly, you long for the peace and quiet of the green that allows you to focus on honing your favorite skill. Fortunately, there are a variety of golf courses in and around Vegas that can take care of that itch for you.
1. Designed by Tom Fazio, Shadow Creek has a special mystique to it, as it was not always open to all golfers. The times have changed and made it more accessible. You have to register to stay at MGM Resorts International, but it offers the kind of pampering you deserve with a limousine to pick you up and a personal caddie.
2. Merely 30 minutes from Vegas, Cascata will make you forget about the sandy desert. The mountains, lakes and streams provide a serene environment so beautiful you will almost forget to tee off.
3. Another course designed by Fazio, along with Steve Wynn, is the Wynn Golf Club. This course will take you back to the East Coast and offers the convenience of staying on The Strip. Guests who stay at the Wynn Resort get to enjoy golf without the commute and have the option of using complimentary clubs.
4. TPC Las Vegas gives you the best of both worlds when it comes to a view. While you travel between holes you will be able to see the Vegas skyline as well as the beauty of the natural world, offered through mountains and canyons. This has been the course of choice of several tournaments, including the Champions TOUR's Senior Classic.
5. Rio Secco is another course that has jaw-dropping scenery, sitting just at the edge of the Black Mountain Range. Golfers who want a challenge will not be disappointed here, but those who feel less than professional at the sport should not be deterred as Rio Secco accommodates all levels of golfers.
6. Paiute Golf Resort offers three excellent courses, with the Wolf Course presenting the highest difficulty. There are several blind tee shots to truly put your golf skills to the test. The course offers different tee options to ease the challenge a bit for a more relaxing day.
7. Step onto the course of what appears to be a tropical island at Bali Hai Golf Club. You will have the convenience of staying near The Strip with the luxury of feeling as though you have stepped out of Las Vegas completely, which gives you the perfect environment to work on your game.