King of the Kart
Rules & Procedures
Your $100 entry includes:
- Entry into event
- VIP lounge access
- 2 drink tickets
- All you can eat Jet’s pizza & wings
- Gift bag
- Various gifts & coupons from area businesses
We will offer guests VIP Lounge access to food and drinks for $15.
Live on our big screens:
- Formula 1 US Grand Prix from Austin, TX at 12 noon
- NASCAR Ford EcoBoost 400 *Championship finale* from Miami at 2pm
There will also be a public 50/50 raffle to benefit the Charlie Leffler Educational Fund
- Open, unlimited Qualifying on Monster Track 10am-5pm
- Top 31 Racers are locked in and advance to elimination round at about 5pm
- #32-41 (10) are automatically entered into an Oval track shootout for the final, 32nd spot.
- After the shootout an elimination tournament of the top 32 begins.
- All racers seeded by their fast time
- Round 1: 4 sessions of 8 racers (32), top 4 advance
- Round 2: 2 sessions of 8 racers (16), top 4 advance
- Round 3: 2 sessions of 4 racers (8), 2 winners advance
- Main Event: 1 on 1 to crown the King of the Kart!
- Honorary Grand Marshall & Race Director, Kevin Gundaker!
- No back-to-back qualifying races. You must complete your session before notifying us of racing again, otherwise unlimited based on schedule availability.
- All qualifying races will be 12 laps with 12 karts allowed at a time.
- There is no kart preference allowed, all kart assignments will be random.
- Starting positions in the 3 elimination rounds will be based on your original seeding.
- We will maintain a very high standard of racing etiquette:
- Positions gained in the elimination tournament that we deem reckless or overly aggressive will result in us forcing that position back by controlling kart speeds. There is good racing and bad racing, we like good racing!
- No passing for position under a yellow flag ..duh!
We will award a large variety of fun prizes throughout the qualifying sessions:
- Positions 1, 3-11 each get a $25 Hard Rock Cafe gift card.
- Positions 12-16 each get a $10 King Edwards Chicken & Fish gift card.
- Positions 17-30 each get a free Jets Pizza voucher.
- Positions 31-40 each get a $5 Fuzzy’s Taco gift card.
- Signed Kenny Wallace items
- Race used IndyCar parts
- First time with a 007 in it wins a James Bond DVD
- Slowest single lap at half-day (1:30pm) wins a Morgan Shepherd die-cast.
- Fastest single lap at half-day wins a Joe Nemecheck die-cast.
- “Mr Consistency” any racer with a session of all laps within .2 seconds wins Mark Martin accessory.
- The 6th fastest in race #6 wins Red Devil Hot Sauce.
- First racer with a .000 fast time in a session wins a flat-iron steak.
- First racer to miss the tournament cut wins a bottle of Jeff Gordon cologne.
- Oval Shootout winner gets a limited edition NASCAR Vault book.
- 2nd place on oval wins signed 1996 Brickyard hat.
- 3rd place on oval wins Winston Cup Hat.
2013 King of the Kart wins:
- Two St Louis Rams suite passes to the Sub Zero Vodka Club
- $200 Gateway Kartplex credit (opening April '14)
- $150 Gift Certificate to Solo Performance race gear
- 1 year of free oil changes & tire rotations at Jim Butler Chevrolet
- $70 in car washes at General Grant Car Wash
- $25 to Hard Rock Cafe
- Ride in a Rally car with Matt Conte at 100 Acre Woods Rally
- Case of Monster Energy
- MANY more TBA!
Great thanks to our prize sponsors:
- Jim Butler Chevrolet
- Gateway Kartplex
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Great Clips
- Jets Pizza
- Solo Performance Specialties
- King Edwards Chicken & Fish
- Fuzzy's Tacos
- General Grant Car Wash
- Can Am Cars Ltd
Pole Position Raceway
8800 Watson Road